Tuesday, January 8, 2013

#talknt Jan 8/13 Project Quilting

Tonight we have Kim at Persimon Dreams sponsoring and tell us all about Project QUILTING!
Project QUILTING Season 4

From Kim:
Project QUILTING is a quilting challenge that I run on my blog. It’s based off my love for Project RUNWAY but since I don’t know how to make clothes I thought, “Why not make quilts?” I immediately called up my mother-in-law, Diane Lapacek, and recruited her to be the ‘challenge giver’. She always jokes with everyone that when I get an idea, she gets a new job.
 How does it work?

During the seasons of Project QUILTING (we JUST started Season 4) my mother-in-law, Diane Lapacek, posts a challenge every other Sunday at Noon, CST. You have exactly one week to FINISH the quilt to fit the challenge. Yes – finish it – piece it, baste it, quilt it, bind it. I know it sounds scary and maybe even undoable, but trust me – it’s very doable and only a little scary. Then you get a week to ‘rest’ before the next challenge goes up.
  How do I join in?

Simple. Just head to PersimonDreams right now to see the first challenge. Take the challenge, be inspired by it, make and finish a quilt by next Sunday, January 13th at NOON CST, post pictures of the quilt (or email me pictures and I’ll post them for you) to the Project QUILTING with Persimon Dreams Flickr Group. Once you’ve done this your name will get put into a hat (literally) and you may be randomly chosen to win one of the great prizes from our sponsors that week! In just over a week you’ll have a quilt and maybe a great prize on it’s way to you – seriously, how can you beat that?
 Find Project QUILTING on

Facebook
Pinterest

Flickr
 I hope you all can join in at least a week or two throughout the season!

Tonight Kim is giving away a $25 gc to Fat Quarter Shop and to 5 lucky chatters a pdf copy of her pattern Spinning Nines!

No comments:

Post a Comment