Thursday, July 19, 2012

Who is out there? #talknt delurk plea

 So Talkin Tuesday has been around for almost 2 years now, in fact the end of August will mark 2 years. That is over 100 chats, 200 hours of quilt-y/sew-y talking.



I think we can safely say we're a fixture in the online community. I have held/hosted/moderated the chat every week for 21 of it's 24 months of existence, and participated in every chat.

 A lot goes into #talknt, from finding sponsors to coming up with interesting questions, organizing the prizes & winners, promoting and introducing people to twitter. I've lost count of the number of people who've told me they joined Twitter just to chat during #talknt.

And now we're going to have TWO chats every Tuesday.
 Twice as much work. But also twice as much fun. With some organization I think we'll just get better.

I love doing Talkin Tuesday but right now I need your help.

One of the challenges is convincing people to sponsor the chat. They want to know about who is chatting, who is reading, does sponsoring influence them? does it broaden their potential audience or market?
Twitter is relatively young, and more importantly fairly distinct.
And one of the challenges is it is hard to get good statistics or metrics with it. I can track the hashtags, #talknt and #talknt2. I can tell how many impressions it makes, and how many tweets include them.
Harder is knowing how many unique people see the hashtag, and therefor the sponsor.
I can see how many people visit this blog, and how many like or see the Facebook posts about chats. But not everyone who sees, reads, or participates in the chat goes to either of those.
I can tell by the number of tweets, and accounts using the hastag that not even close to everyone signs in for the prizes. Most weeks I have between 40-50 people sign in, but at least 80 say something during the chat.
How many more read it, live or later, without saying anything?

So how can you help?

Really easily actually. Let me know.
 Like our Facebook page, follow this blog, and sign into the list below. For the list below, your email will NOT be shown, and I won't be able to see them either. It's simply so spammers can't fool with the list.
 I need numbers. It would be awesome if you did all three. It would be even more awesome if you spread the word and got your friends who haven't heard about Talkin Tuesday to do it too. The more numbers I have to more I can get sponsors on board, and the more fun we can all have. It really is that simple.
If you'd like to do more leave me a comment saying what you like about Talkin Tuesdays. What would you like to tell people about our chat?

Thank you so much for your help and see you Tuesdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment